Thermal Afterburners (also called Direct Fired Thermal Oxidizer, Enclosed Flare or Vapor Combustor) are the simplest type of Thermal Oxidizer Environmental System - used to destroy industrial pollutants such as, Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs), Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), and industrial odors and fumes.
Afterburners are recommended for use when there is a very high concentration of VOC, odor, or opacity (smoke) in the process air. Applications include: food and coffee processing, foundries, pulp & paper manufacturing, metal treatment, ect.
When raised to a targeted temperature, the industrial pollutants act as the fuel source (in place of natural gas or oil) to create complete combustion. During the thermal combustion process, the pollutants are chemically changed into harmless combustion by-products, water and carbon dioxide, both of which can be discharged through the exhaust.
S&B direct fired thermal oxidizers (afterburners) are designed to be easy to use and install, among the features offered are:
- Skid mounted packaged units are prepiped, prewired
- PLC with annunciator, PID digital temperature control, FM approved high temp limit, flame safety relay, main power disconnect, and control transformer. UL 508A priced per request.
- Remote control interface capability for use with PLC or DCS systems available.
- Built to meet your requirement (FM, CE, GAP, NFPA or CSA construction standard) by our A.W.S. D1.1 & D1.6 certified welders.
- In-House test firing and tuning prior to shipment reduces start-up and installation costs.
- On-going Afterburner maintenance available.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR DIRECT-FIRED AFTERBURNERS:
Stelter & Brinck thermal afterburners are a product of more than 60 years of industrial combustion experience.
- 99+% destruction removal efficiency (DRE) available
- Castable refractory rated @ 2600°F
- High temperature aluminium paint allows for safe destruction of highly concentrated air streams
- Vertical orientation saves valuable floor space
- Single point utility connections for ease of installation
- Nozzle mixing burner with dedicated combustion air blower tolerant to particulate laden streams ensures proper oxygen content for safe operation
- Venturi design, no process fan necessary
- Halogen compatible designs available
- Custom designed air pollution control systems are available per application