The Future of Heat-Treating
Industrial Heating published an article titled, “A Futuristic Look at the North American Heat-Treating World”, which provides predictions in the heat-treating market until 2024. Heat-treaters are considered to be part of the Industrial Heating market and thus, we found this article to be very informative!
Below are the predictions for the heat-treating industry we found to be most significant:
- There is a projected sales growth of 15.5% from 2014 to 2024
- A turndown is projected in 2016, but it will not be as serious as the predicted 2020 turn-down (18-19% downturn)
- Due to offshore manufacturing, automotive parts, smokestack industries, tool & die industries and entertainment & communication industries are expected to shrink
- Heat treaters are predicted to favor the lower costing, easier to operate, environmentally friendly vacuum furnace over the atmosphere furnace
- Availability of electric power will continue to impact the heat-treating industry
Overall, the article had a positive tone for heat-treaters’ future. The predicted areas of growth and new opportunities for the industry far outweigh the shrinking markets. Although downturns are predicted, the North American heat-treating industry’s sales growth is expected to be around 15% over the next 10 years. Stelter & Brinck is looking forward to the bright future predicted and are happy to help with any of your process heating needs!